The Free Style Writing Challenge
I was nominated by naturelover for the freestyle writing challenge. Here are the rules:
1. Open an MS Word document
2. Set a stop watch or your cell phone to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. once you begin writing, do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
THE SUMMER SEASON
I have always loved the summertime. It means the beach, water sports, swimming and playing in the sun. Well, at least it did when I was young. I got older and it became a totally different thing. When there are children involved it means Christian camps, music camps, Disneyland, and having exchange students from Mexico staying with us. There is so much to do. It seems to keep us so busy. Then your children grow up and things begin to get slower. Summers mean Heat, sweating and an unquenchable thirst. It seems it is always in the summer, on the hottest day in southern California, my air conditioner dies. It is not cheap to have it repaired so I am hot, sweaty, and thirsty in my car. That is usually the one place that I can seek a reprieve. Summer was when my husband would go on a journey to China each year. Before he died, he was an avid traveler. The one regret that I have in the thirty years that we were married is that I never said yes to his invitations to go with him to China. He loved the place, the people and the spirit of the country. He spent his time in the desert where there are many tribes of nomads and each tribe has their own special hat. He would come home with many beautiful hats.
Word Count: 237
Time: 10 minutes
5. Foghorn The IKonoclast
Your topic is: Playing an instrument
Good luck and have a lot of fun.