I was nominated for The Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award by Amaya911 whose blog is: http://lifeofanelpasowoman.com. Here she writes about her city of El Paso and many other things. she does some interviews, reblogs interesting and entertaining topics. You should all go visit her and have a read. I thank her so much for thinking of me for this award that recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world!
There are four rules:
1. Say “Thank You” to the person who nominated you & link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you.
3. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers (I’m passing it to 6) and let them know they have been nominated.
4. Include the Award Badge in your post.
These are the answers to the questions given to me.
1. What word describes you the most? Passionate. If I decide to do something, I do it with my whole being.
2. What is your favorite food? Mashed potatoes! I love food, but that is my all time favorite.
3. Where are you from? I was born in Burbank, California and was raised and continue to live in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California.
4. What do you write about most in your blog? I have two blogs. The first one that I started out with is to honor my son’s life by helping children with chronic illnesses and their families. My blogs are mostly about the certain diseases and disorders affecting their lives and educating the public about our broken healthcare system. My other one is called: Strawberries Forever, and I do all of my personal writing there. I love doing the different challenges on this blog.
5. What has been your favorite age so far? I would say that it is my current age of 64. I am a retired Physician Assistant and confident and free enough to do what I have always wanted to do. That is to write. Through my writing, I have found another passion and am starting a nonprofit organization to help children with chronic illnesses.
6. What is your favorite movie? I don’t really have a favorite movie because I don’t remember them after I see them. But, I do remember when I was very young, my father took my sister and me to see ‘The Ten Commandments.’ I remember because I hardly ever saw my dad.
7. Tell us about any pets you have? I have four of the greatest birds: Ce-Ce the parrotlet, Twinkie the canary, Chica the yellow-sided green cheek conure, and my rescue, Tizzy the parakeet. I also have a cat that my son adopted in Oregon when we went to visit my daughter. We had him (Donnie Darko) sent down after we arrived back home. Alex died the day before he arrived. So he is mine.
8. What are you favorite hobbies? I love taking pictures. I’m not that good, but I try. Traveling is certainly at the top of the list. I am going to India in November.
9. What, so far has been one of the best days of your life? I would have to say that my wedding day to my husband, Manuel, and everyday after that for thirty years before he was killed in a Metrolink derailment.
1o. What is a guilty pleasure you have? I just love binge watching shows on Netflix and Hulu.
Questions From Me:
1. When was the first time you knew that you wanted to write?
2. What is the favorite childhood memory?
3. What is one food that you love from your family’s culture?
4. Do you have children or expect to have one in the future?
5. If money was no object, where would you travel to?
6. What do you like about blogging?
7. What are your thoughts on all-girl or all-boy schools?
8. How old were you when you first rode a bike?
9. Is there a song that brings tears to your eyes?
10. How do you feel about receiving awards?
I nominate the following:
Vashti Quiroz-Vega at: http://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com
Nato at: http://chasinglifeandfindingdreams.wordpress.com
Ruth at: http://madmeanderingme.wordpress.com
Anna at: http://fargaregardsanna.wordpress.com
Michelle Cook at: http://puttingmyfeetinthedirt.com
That’s So Jacob at: http://thatssojacob.wordpress.com
Everyone go and visit these blogs that I enjoy so much!